Bunker Hill Dragstrip
2021 Policies and Procedures 4/25/2021
1. Opening Weather permitting. We utilize multiple weather information sources to our make our best judgement calls on weather cancellations, delays, or postponements.
a. Rain Outs: There will be NO cash refunds. In the event, that a rain out, black-out or any other problem prevents the completion of a race, your rain check will be honored for the remainder of the season at face value. Any variation to this policy must be approved by owner. If two rounds of eliminations have been completed, the race will be considered a finished race and the prize money will be divided among those racers left in competition. Bunker Hill Dragstrip points will be awarded according to individual round wins of completed rounds.
Refer to the IHRA rule book for all applicable safety regulations for all classes.
a. Top ET / Super Pro ET (1/8 mile 0 – 7.99) (1/4 mile = 0-11.99)
Delay boxes, trans brakes, two steps and playback tachometers are allowed. Air throttles used as launch control devices are allowed. Factory (OEM) installed computers will be permitted, but no laptop computers are allowed while in competition. No street tires permitted.
b. Modified ET / Pro ET (1/8 mile 0 – 9.09) (1/4 mile = 0-13.99)
Delay boxes and air throttles prohibited. All accepted trans brake buttons, trans brakes, two steps and pneumatic or electric shifters permitted. No delay box permitted in/on vehicle.
c. Sportsman ET (1/8 mile 7.50 & slower) (1/4 mile = 12.00&slower)
Delay boxes, air throttles, starting line enhancers, trans brakes, two steps, buttons on the steering wheel and nitrous are prohibited. Slicks, headers and line locks in the burnout process only permitted. Throttle must be manually operated by the driver’s foot or approved hand controls. Electronics, pneumatics, hydraulics, or any other device may in no way affect the throttle operation. A fixed stop under carburetor or gas pedal is permitted. Automated shifter prohibited unless OEM.
d. Motorcycles (1/8 mile) All run.
Bike class restricted to street D.O.T. tires. Delay box prohibited. Wheelie bar optional.
Bike may run in above three classes and use car guidelines per class. Separate motorcycle classes contested on specified events under OSR rules.
e. Jr. Dragster (1/8 mile) All run. Single class, Beginners will be paired together until 1 left.
Beginner Ages 7 to 9 restricted to 11.90 & slower
Advanced Ages 10 to 17 restricted to 8.90 & slower
Master Ages 12 to 17 restricted to 7.90 & slower
Elite Ages 16 to 17 restricted to 7.50 & slower
Refer to the IHRA rule book for complete Junior rules and safety information.
f. Pure Street (1/8 mile 6.50 & slower)
Street DOT tires required. No open exhaust or non-OEM power adders permitted.
This class is designed as an entry level class. Driver may not be entered in any other class.
3. Tech All tech cards must be filled out completely and turned in at tech inspection. All
entries must pass through tech before they will be allowed to make any runs. Competition numbers MUST BE clearly visible from the tower on the right side of the vehicle.
4. Alcohol We have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for all drivers. No driver in competition is to
Consume any alcoholic beverage. Any driver found to be doing so will be disqualified, any points and winnings will be forfeited and may be subject to further penalties including suspension at track owner discretion. No glass bottles allowed at any time.
5. Children Children are the responsibility of parents/adults and should remain under close
supervision. No children under the age of 16 will be allowed to operate any vehicle in the pits. No bicycles, scooters, etc. are to be operated by children – this is for their safety!
6. Gold Cards Bunker Hill & IHRA Gold cards will be honored for all Bunker Hill Dragstrip points
series races. Gold Cards are not transferable and are not accepted for special events.
7. Dialing for Dollars A special added time trial designated as a “Dialing for Dollars”
round will be added when time permits.. There is a $5 entry collected in the staging lanes. The winner is determined by the “best package” and receives half of the entry pot.
8. Bye Runs First round byes will be awarded to the best reaction time during the second round of time trials. Bye runs for second round and remaining Rounds will be awarded to the best reaction time in the previous round. In the event competitors have identical reaction times, the competitor who recorded the run first will receive the possible bye. Bye runs do NOT carry over. If you are designated for a possible bye run and there is an even number of cars, you will receive lane choice. If you have had a bye run, you will not be eligible for a second bye run until all other remaining competitors have had a bye run.
9. Staging Lane Assignments Lanes 1 & 3 will be designated for the Left Lane and 2 & 4 will be designated for the Right Lane. The Staging Director will utilize 1-4 chips in selecting pairs. If remaining competitors want the same lane, the Staging Director will draw a chip for lane choice.
10. Staging “Auto Start” will be used in all classes during an event. Once both cars are pre-staged and the 1st car stages, the 2nd car has 10 seconds (Jr. Dragster 15 seconds) to stage before the tree automatically fires. If the 2ndcar fails to stage, it will be “timed out” and the red light will come on.
11. Courtesy Staging Both racers are to pre-stage before staging. A racer that accidently lights both pre-stage and stage bulbs will be allowed to back up and re-stage if time allows. If the auto start system activates the tree and the entry is not re-staged the entry will be eliminated.
12. Deep Staging Deep staging is allowed but not guaranteed. It is up to the racer to get in deep as soon as possible. Deep staging is not the starter’s responsibility. Deep stagers will be allowed to light both the pre-stage and stage beams as courtesy staged if vehicle is clearly marked “Deep” on all sides.
13. Dual Infractions In the case of dual infractions on a competitive run, the car making the worst infraction will be disqualified. If infractions are of equal rank, the first infraction shall be disqualified. In cases where both opponents in a race have mechanical difficulties prior to the start every effort will be made to determine a winner and a loser of the contest. When possible, this includes the allowance of a reasonable time-period for the contestants to make repairs, then to complete the race. This rule also applies to cars making single runs.
14. Dial-In’s The driver is responsible to the accuracy of their dial-in. All dial-ins must be clearly visible for the tower personnel to see. Once you have staged, that means you accepted the dial-in. New Dial-In boards have been installed in front of the water box.
15. Buy Backs Buy backs1st round only, unless stated otherwise by track management prior to eliminations. Buy backs entry is to be paid at the Sign-in Building unless otherwise announced. Buy back racers will return to the lanes with their class. Buy back procedures may change with Special Events.
16. Re-Runs All runs will stand, except interruptions caused by electrical failure or weather. Incremental and speed variances have no bearing in determining an electrical interruption. The decision of any rerun is up to the track owner. In the case of a re-run, lane choice shall remain with whoever had lane choice originally, it is considered a new race and dial-ins are the option of each competitor.
17. Refunds There will be no refund of the car and/or crew at any event. A credit will be given if an entry breaks before going down the track on that day. A credit will be given for the entry less the applicable individual admission fee.
18. Purses Purses will be awarded per the posted amounts. If racers mutually agree to any split, they both must notify the Staging Director of the split prior to running and it is requested that they both be at payout together for verification of mutually agreed split payment.
19. Points Bunker Hill Dragstrip has designated Track, IHRA Summit Super Series, and IHRA Summit Team Finals points events. In an effort, to assure the number of series events, make up dates for rainouts or rescheduled events may be made.
Points membership is $60. A racer’s points will begin the day of sign-up. Point members qualifying for the IHRA Summit Team Finals will receive FREE car and driver entry to the event.
A racer’s best 15 points races will automatically be counted toward the Bunker Hill season championship, IHRA Summit Super Series and IHRA Summit Team Finals.
Entry 5 pts.
Round Win 10 pts.
Point Tiebreakers: In the event that racers are tied in points at the end of the points series the following tie-breaker methods will be used until the tie is broken:
1. A racer’s 16 best point races will be counted.
2. A racer’s 17 best point races will be counted.
3. A racer’s 18 best point races will be counted.
4. A runoff will be held at the final points event of the season between tied racers.
See IHRA Summit Super Series and IHRA Summit “Thunder” Team Finals www.ihra.com for driver points eligibility requirements.
20. General Rule Start times and/or the number of time runs may be changed due to various circumstances, weather, etc. Track polices and procedures are subject to change by the track owner.
It is my desire, and I am committed to providing our racers and race fans with a safe, fun, and enjoyable experience at Bunker Hill Dragstrip.
Mark Cregier, Owner
Bunker Hill Dragstrip, 1512 W. 900 S., Bunker Hill, IN 46914 firstname.lastname@example.org